This Saturday, Sept. 7, the Friends of Allegany State Park will meet to do monthly park chores. The group will meet at the Red house Administration Building at 10 a.m. for signup and chore assignment. The public is welcome to join in this worthwhile effort!
Workers should come into the park through the Red House entrance to gain free admission to the park. Please tell gate personnel that you are with the FOASP and leave your name at the gate please.
This month’s chore list on the Red House side will be:
1. Trimming the brush back along the Red House Lake bike path.
2. Picking up debris on the shores of Red House Lake.
3. Painting the new siding on the Camp Allegany Barracks.
4. Painting the new siding on the Beehunter refurbished cabins (subject to permission — we do not want to disturb potentially occupied cabins).
5. Assembly of new picnic benches on the Red House side.
Please dress appropriately and bring a bag lunch. If you would like to assemble benches, please bring some wrenches, but the park will provide tools as well. The park will provide garbage bags and gloves for litter pickup and clippers for the brush trimming, but feel free to bring your own clippers.
If you’d care to join our Friday night campfire, the core groups will be camping on Diehl Tent Trail (#15) from Friday, Sept. 6 through Sunday, Sept. 8.
Please join our Facebook page for updates and announcements!
GOASP Founder and President Paul Crawford, said, “I’m looking forward to working with you fine folks and will see you Saturday morning. Hope for good weather!”
Please contact Paul Crawford at email@example.com with any questions.