The Griffis Sculpture Park will host free outdoor activities every Saturday at noon starting in June. The activities are geared to all ages and supplies will be provided; however, some will request you bring an item to assist with the project – like a screen printing activity that will require guests to bring a white t-shirt.
In addition, the third Saturday of each month will highlight a free guided tour beginning on May 19th. Park goers can also take in the 250 sculptures that reside throughout the trails of the park, making it the largest outdoor sculpture park in the U.S. Patrons are asked to donate the general admission fee to the Sculpture Park of $5 per adult, $3 for seniors/students and children under 12 are free.
The schedule of events is as follows:
• May 19, Free Guided Hike, 12-2 p.m.
• June 2, Found Rock Painting, 12 p.m.
• June 9, Screen Printing Activity, 12 p.m. (bring a white t-shirt).
• June 16, Free Guided Hike, 12- 2 p.m.
• June 23, Watercolor Painting at the Gate House, 12 p.m.
• June 30, Kite Creation and Flying, 12 p.m.
• July 7, Watercolor Painting at the Gate House, 12 p.m.
• July 14, Found Rock Painting, 12 p.m.
• July 21, Screen Printing Activity, 12 p.m. (bring a white t-shirt).
• July 28, Free Guided Hike, 12- 2 p.m.
• Aug. 4, Stream Walk Searching for Brachiopods, 12 p.m. (bring water shoes or rain boots).
• Aug. 18, Free Guided Hike, 12-2 p.m.
• Aug. 19, GSP Summer Festival, 12-7 p.m.
• Aug. 25, Branch Sculptures, 12 p.m.
The events will be taking place at the 6902 Mill Valley site of the park, at 6902 Mill Valley Rd. in East Otto. Guests are encouraged to bring a cooler or picnic and enjoy the sculpture park for the afternoon.
For more info, visit www.griffispark.org.