The event boasts eight gardens, from pocket size, to palatial, in Jamestown, Lakewood, and Celoron.
One of these hidden treasures has been so popular that this is its fourth time on the circuit. And imagine a fallen barn turned into a sunken garden!
As if eight stunning gardens weren’t enough, Audubon has added some new features this year.
The event will include a drawing for a beautiful hand-crafted tote bag and matching purse with a garden theme. Donated by Jamestowner Mary Anne Harp, often credited with the original idea for Secret Gardens, the ensemble was hand-crafted by local artisan Brenda Everett. The tote bag will be on display in the Nature Center building at Audubon prior to the tour.
The availability of snacks and water at some of the gardens is another new feature of this distinctive tour that draws visitors from all over.
The Secret Gardens Tour runs July 12, from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., rain or shine.
Maps to each of the gardens are provided with the ticket.
Presale tickets can be purchased for $10 at:
• Jamestown Audubon, at 1600 Riverside Road, Jamestown
• Four Seasons Garden Market (until June 30), at 3181 N Main Street Ext, Jamestown
• Lake View Gardens, at 1259 N Main, Jamestown
• Mike’s Nursery, at 199 E Fairmount Ave, Lakewood
• Peterson Farm: 3206 Fluvanna Ave, Jamestown
• Robert’s Nursery: 3172 Dry Brook Rd, Falconer
• Secret Garden Flower Shop: 79 Allen St, Jamestown
• Stillwater Garden Market: 1445 Foote Ave, Jamestown,
Tickets will also be available at the participating gardens the day of the tour for $12.
The Secret Gardens Tour supports the nature education programs of the Audubon Center & Sanctuary.
For more information about Audubon and the Secret Gardens Tour, call (716) 569-2345 or visit www.jamestownaudubon.org.