All U.S. Disabled Veterans from the Gulf War forward are invited to apply for the Anderson/Allegany State Park Veterans Recognition Award, which rewards the winner with a week-long stay at Allegany State Park.
The award is named after Dade Anderson, a Park Ranger for 36 years (deceased) and the idea conceived by his son, Lanny, and Anne Marie Anderson, his wife (Anderson Trail’s namesake). This contest is being run and underwritten by the Allegany State Park Historical Society, the Anderson Family, Rick Feuz, Sally Marsh and others, and in cooperation with Allegany State Park.
To enter, a photo and description of 100 words or less needs to be uploaded on the recent posts by others section of the Allegany State Park Historical Society Facebook page, detailing the service and any message the Veteran would like to include.
This is open to all disabled Veterans with families. The most amounts of “likes” the Veteran receives will have bearing on who receives the award, but the final decision will be granted by the ASP Historical Society Board of Directors. Regardless of the outcome of this award, the ASP Historical Society wishes to thank all veterans, male and female, for your brave service to our great country.
1. Contest Sunday runs until midnight on Sunday, May 30.
2. All U.S. Disabled Veterans with families from the Gulf War forward are eligible.
3. All entries must be submitted to the Allegany State Park Historical Society Facebook page (www.facebook.com/AlleganySPHS) in the Recent Posts by Others section, or by messaging Paul Crawford on the same Facebook page.
4. The award winner will be announced within two weeks of the contest end date.
Prize winner receives:
· A one week stay at handicap accessible or standard electric cabin from June 29-July 6, 2014, or at a time chosen by the award winner. A non-transferable give card for an electric cabin will be given to the award winner to be used at a date if their choice.
· $200 Visa gift card for groceries and souvenirs
· One half cord of firewood delivered on site.
· Dinner at the Red House Restaurant Friday or Saturday night during stay
· Introduction at the Hootenanny if during the summer months (at the recipient’s discretion)
· Story /interview featured in local newspapers (at the recipient’s discretion)
Please note that the award winner has the option of a low or high-profile stay at the park.
For more information, or to enter, visit www.facebook.com/AlleganySPHS.